By mymudmits | February 24, 2017
Trends in home decoration changes in every few month but rugs are from those home décor accessories whose trend never goes away. Rugs are evergreen and will continue to be one of the best home décor accessories. Now if you also think your home needs rug to enhance the beauty, you must be searching for various types of rugs choices. Well types of rugs are not just for home décor, it also keeps your feet warm and clean. There are so many types of rugs options to choose from, depending upon your need, your home décor and such other things. Which types of rugs to choose also depend upon the room where you want to place your rug? Types of rugs which go well in your living room might not go well in your bedroom. Hence be very careful while choosing the types of rugs. To help you out here is a list of some of the best types of rugs to choose from.
These types of rugs can be machine made or they can also be handmade. In case of such rugs, thread has to be pulled from the backing for creating the area rug. These types of rugs give many choices in color, size and designs making them a versatile option for any home. Whatever choice you opt for whether it is handmade or machine made it is highly qualitative. There can be minor imperfections in manmade ones but they are really famous for their unique designs. Knotted rugs are very much attractive and they are also very much comfortable. These types of rugs are best suited in bedrooms or in office for adding some color and style to such place.
Woven rugs are basically made on a loom. These can have plenty of colors of yarns. Both loop piles and cut piles rugs are prepared in the same manner only. This process of rug making is considered as the oldest one. These types of rugs are highly detailed and extremely beautiful but however handloom variety of rugs can prove to be costly choice. As these rugs are very much attractive and also expensive, ensure to place them in a room where it can be seen often and to all those visiting your home. Living room can be perfect for placing woven rugs.
Among all the types of rugs, tufted rugs are considered as the most sold types of rugs and it is highly mass made. Materials like yarn are mixed up the jute or polupropylene by using a tufting machine. For enhancing the strength of area rug, the backing materials are to be bonded with that of the hessian or any other kind of material. More the amount of tuft better will be its quality. Due to its good quality, tufted rugs are highly resistant to mold, mildew and such other bacteria which can spread illness in the home. Hence these types of rugs should be placed n dining room which chances are there of spill and is also high traffic area.
By mymudmits | February 9, 2017
Do you have a balcony? Is it beautiful? If yes then are you using it properly? Balcony are not meant for storage of your extra stuff, it is by far the most cozy place in your home which should be decorated and should be used as a relaxing and chilling place. Balcony is by far the only place in your home which gives you some outdoor space and connects you to nature in your entire home if you are living in a building. But people use it to store useless things in their home and don’t utilize it for the right matter. However you are also doing the same thing, you should doing it and decorate your balcony and make it more beautiful. There are plenty of options for decorating your balcony. Decorating your balcony with various ideas will transform it and give a place from where you will not want to live. Decorating your balcony in right manner will give you a place where you can have a coffee in the morning and a chilled beer with your friends in the evening. By decorating your balcony, your kids can also get a place where they can play and do their homework. Here are some of the simple and easy ideas to decorate your balcony and transform it into something magical.
Ideas for decorating your balcony
The most difficult thing while decorating your balcony is to know where to start from. The starting point of decorating your balcony should be the wall. The wall of your balcony would be probably bare and plain. The plain look is really boring, look for some wall art and decorate your wall with that. This wall art is not much expensive and hence you can decorate your balcony in budget.
When you are done with wall, another essential element of decorating your balcony is furniture. While buying furniture, you need to see which kind of theme you want for your balcony. If you like colors, you can go for buying colorful and funky pieces of furniture whereas on the other hand you can also try putting some antique furniture if you have such choice. You don’t need to buy everything which is so much expensive for decorating your balcony. You can also opt for second hand furniture pieces.
One of the ideas for decorating your balcony is going green. You can try planting various plants in your balcony. You can create a mini garden in your balcony; it will make you feel like you are close to nature. Choose the flowering plants which you like. You can also hang lanterns in your mini garden. It will add lighting to your balcony and overall combination of mini garden with lights looks really great.
One of another idea for decorating your balcony is hanging swing in it. Your kids are definitely going to love it. Even you will love it. Just imagine having a cup of coffee and your favorite book and sitting on the swing in your balcony at night. isn’t it amazing?
By mymudmits | January 24, 2017
There are certain homeowners who are very much drawn with their fireplace that they will ignore all the hassle and mess which will come along with the chimney. They will also ignore maintenance part and operational part of the chimney and also the dangerous energy inefficiency of it. However apart from all this, what cannot be ignored is the creosote. It is a foul smelling and gummy byproduct of combustion. This makes it very important to clean your chimney or else it can be dangerous. This creosote will gradually build up and it can be an actual like risking hazard and hence you have to be a pro and clean your chimney in timely manner before it creates any danger. Based on one of the estimate, collection of this dangerous creosote contributes a lot to the home fires. If you don’t want to risk your home and your life, you need to be active and clean your chimney effectively and in regular time intervals. Here are some of the tips and tricks which would help you to clean your chimney.
When you are cleaning your chimney and your fireplace, you will make your floor dirty and end up wasting too much time cleaning it, if you don’t take safety measures. You can take painters drop cloth or plastic tarp and place them on your floor while cleaning your chimney. After that, start with getting rid of the stray bits and ash of wood from your firebox. Make it is free of all the loose debris. After that, you can proceed to opening the damper. It is not possible to separate you’re your living room and your chimney while you are cleaning your chimney and to save your living room from getting dirty, you can make use of plastic sheeting and quality tape. Seal up each and everything of your living room without any gaps.
When you are cleaning your chimney, one of the essential things which you forget to consider is safety measures. Make sure you put on safety glasses while cleaning your chimney as it will seal your eyes. Along with that also put n dust mask so that you don’t inhale all the dirt and dust coming out the chimney while cleaning it. Keeps some good chimney cleaning brushes and a steady and safe ladder which can take you on the roof?
Use the chimney cleaning brush while you are on the roof. Remove the cap of the chimney first and then put the brush inside it. Be careful as there can be birds, animals or squirrels residing in there and your sudden cleaning and accidental exposure of them to you can make you misbalanced. Beware of any such situations. There are various size of brush use each of them and clean your chimney properly. After you are done with cleaning, uncover the plastic sheeting you placed in the room and clean your room properly so that there is no dust or dirt in there.
By Linda | January 13, 2017
Keep your hardwood floors in up to date condition by implementing smart cleaning tips that will help you in making a good care on your floors. Cleaning your hardwood floors will help you in maintaining its good looks for more time in your future. Grasp the opportunity of cleaning your hardwood floors by following the stated tips.
Hardwood floor cleaning tips:
- It’s advisable of vacuuming your hardwood floors on each and every day at your home. I know, you might properly do this every day but repeating this process barely invites you with benefits.
- The reason for vacuum it regularly, is the accumulated dirt in your shoes that might get into your woods and might even spoil the finish of your floor. So vacuuming it regularly will help in protecting the look as well the floors installed.
- It’s advisable of using a brush attachment or a felt attachment that helps in running along with the floor. If you’re planning of attaching a roller brush or a beater bar for cleaning your hardwood floors, it’s advisable of not using it because it might increase the chances of providing scratches to the surface.
- If you’re not feeling of using a vacuum, you can simply mop it up. Even the new product namely, the microfiber mops helps in working the similar way like vacuum cleaners work. Don’t use the furnish polish or the hairspray ion your hardwood floors.
- Both of them can create a clouding effect on your floors. If using them, it’s advisable of wiping off it immediately by using dampen and clean cloth. Still, you want to clean your hardwood floors with a through cleanup, a non-ammonia window cleaning solutions works the best for deep cleaning process.
- It’s advisable of keeping water away from your hardwood floors. Water might not only dull up the finish of your floors but it can penetrate deep into the wooden surface for staining and damaging it. It’s advisable of shutting and closing the windows when it’s expected to rain.
- If you observe any water on the surface of the hardwood floors, wipe it off immediacy for further care. And for cleaning the small issues in your hardwood floors, make the use of non-wax cleaning product.
- It’s advisable of keeping it near by the reach of hands, so that you can use it whenever the stain is observed. Clean it immediately before the small problem turns up to a huge problem in future.
- Wipe off the spills and stains immediately as it is observed because if you let it rest for a longer period of time, it might cause a permanent damage to your floor.
- Carefully follow the instruction manual recommended by the manufacturer. It’s advisable of using wax on the surface for attaining polish and finish but never use it on a varnish, and glossy hardwood floors.
- It not only makes the floor too slippery to walk but it also interfere the actual finish of your hardwood floors. Make the use of an all-purpose cleaning solution for better cleaning process of your floors.
By mymudmits | November 9, 2016
Most god things will take time to happen but every now and then you cannot spend too many bucks for one or the other things to improve. Sometimes you have to cut back the corners and make some prompt decisions through which you can bring instant and efficient change. One of such change might be needed with bedrooms. When you live in the same bedroom for many years, you get bored with it. For getting rid of this unhappening bedroom, you have to update your bedroom. When you think of updating your bedroom, you will think those big changes which will cost a fortune of money. It is not necessary that you always need to have excess amount of money to update your money sometimes making some minor changes can also make a big miracle. Hence what you need to do is to hunt for such minor option s which can update your bedroom and make some big difference in there. Here are some of the easy and affordable ideas through which you can update your bedroom and make it a better place.
Tips to update your bedroom
Move the charger across the room from your bed
Charging wires of phones and laptops sometimes makes the room very much ugly. All those tangled wires steal up the look of your bedroom. If you want to update your bedroom, one of the simple and minor changes can be to take the chargers out of your bedroom. If you have an alarm clock separately then you can also take the phone out of your bedroom. Phone is a bad distraction in today’s time as it is the thing by which you start and end up your day. You even would have earplugs hanging around anywhere on your bed making your bedroom to look dirty band messy.
Dust high and low
Start with your nightstand which is probably the closest thing around your nose when you sleep. Dusting your room from high and low makes your room clean and it is also a nice way to update your bedroom as clean bedroom will always look good. Take into consideration your headboard and tops of any of the art hanging in your bedroom. Don’t forget to clean the baseboards and also run a swipe on the carpets and rugs. Dust the top part of the dresser as it is used very frequently and cleaning it is very much important to update your bedroom. This is really very helpful for those folks who suffer from several allergies.
Throw the useless stuff
Take an empty box and then start searching around your bedroom and find those things which don’t use and lying idle in your room covering its space and making it look messy. Taking that useless stuff out will play a very important role in updating your bedroom. Your closet is that one space which has the most useless items which should be thrown out. Take at least ten things out of your closet which you don’t use anymore. You might face a situation where you will feel may be you will wear on some later date but keep your extra things thinking this. You have collected a heap of clothes by this thought only and now it’s time to clean it off by keeping only what you love and what you use.
Organize your dresser
Dresser is also one of those places which are always full with stuff in an unorganized manner. When you are getting late for office you always get tangled with unwanted things on the dresser and not able to find the wanted ones. Hence organize your dresser to update your bedroom and also simplify your mornings. Keep those things on the dresser which you need every day.
Maximize your nightstand
Is your nightstand doing every single thing which it needs to do or you have filled it up with heaps of books and bobby pins? If second one is your case then you really need to think whether you have your nightstand for these reasons or you want something else from it. Nightstand is also quite visible in your bedroom and if it is filled with stuff, it looks messy and unorganized. Hence if you want to update your bedroom then you need to clear off your nightstand. Keep one or two book on nightstand which you are currently reading and put the rest in bookshelf. You can keep a small tray or basket if there are many things which you need beside your bed.
Clean your bed
Having a clean bed and mattress is very much essential for updating your bedroom. All the above tips will not cost you bucks and even this one will not, if you clean it of yourself instead of giving it in laundry. A clean bed and a clean mattress is the best way to update your bedroom. Don’t forget to clean your pillows as well.
Adjust your window coverings
Check your window coverings as they also play an important part in your bedroom. Is your window coverings are very dark or are they very much heavy or are they not dark enough? Are your curtain rod small which can block the curtains from spreading enough and not stopping the light to enter in your room at day? If you bedroom is having any such issue then you need to fix it to make your bedroom look more good. You can also buy new window coverings as it can update your bedroom very beautifully.
Add lighting or art from another room
Make shopping from the rest of the rooms of your house. If you find something good which can be fitted and suited in your bedroom then you can fix it in your bedroom to update your bedroom. This will save you from buying something new and costly. You can find a nice lamp or a good wall hanging from some other room to fit in your bedroom and making it more beautiful.
By Linda | October 26, 2016
Many of the home owners feel daunted, when it comes for improving the home lighting. But trust me; the task of home lighting is often over looked. There are plenty of easy steps and ways that can help you in leading to improve your home lighting at your home. Home lighting is a process that can be done without overhauling completely to the system. Few changes and tips of improving your home lighting can lead you in changing the overall look and appearance of your home. Few simple tips offer you with a dramatic makeover of your home. Improving home light not only adds styling features but also increases the personality of the home. Home lighting helps in enhancing the functionary of the home. Trust me good lightings definitely make a difference in a room. Adding and improving your home lightings offers a perfect ambience to space available.
Thinking of improving your home light? The below stated tips will help you in exploring your ways and opting for best type of home lights, well suit able for your home.
Improve your home lighting tips:
- When dealing with a room or place that isn’t well lighted, one of the easiest ways is to install the new source of home lighting. Select such a home lighting that is completely different from the lighting installed in the rest of your rooms. For example, in a room where recessed lights are installed, try out using some different experiments. Add a table lamp or installing a wall sconce to bring extra warmth to your room. If possible, try out installing three distinct ways or sources for installing the lights. Improving your home lighting options in this way will help you in increasing the charm of your home.
The task of home lighting is often overlooked. As home owners think that it is very daunting and needs more efforts for having it. But improving your home lighting is incredibly important throughout your home. One of interesting concept of lighting is task lights. It is placed and mounted besides the bed and above the kitchen counter for making it more dramatic. It will offer a better solution for improving the ambience of your place.
- Adding more control to your home offers you with varied options of increasing the charm of your home. Dimmers will offer a greater control over the home lighting installed. It therefore helps you in changing the atmosphere of your home according to your mood. Dimmers are helpful and termed to be the form of saving energy consumption at your home. It offers a great deal of saving your energy consumption. You get to chance to use the way you want. Turning it on as much light you need is beneficial for the home owners.
- Installing reflective assent is one of the great deals to have in the form of home lighting at your home. For fixing a poorly lighted room, reflective lighting works best. Try out installing reflective elements in your room. For instance, place a mirror. Placing a mirror will help you in increasing the effects of home lights installed. It will work as a brighter for enhancing the effects of lights. White walls also increase the reflective density of lights. It reflects and amplifies the light so that you can lead with the need of fewer sources of lights for availing a great ambience at your home.
- If you find any darker corners throughout your home, finding different and creative ways of introducing a little more home light will lead in grabbing the exact ambience. It will make your room more functional and enhances the surrounding. For instance, placing a wall sconce in your dining area, or a portable stand behind a potted plant or by adding a task light in your kitchen area. These small changes offer you huge improvement to your home lighting.
- Home lights are used in the form of saving energy at your home. Installing motion sensor light switches are easy in installing. It increases the efficiency of your room. Many a time we observe, that the home lights are not switched off even after leaving the room. But by installing censored switches, the fact becomes easier. It offs the home lights when you leave the room. It is automatic and does not need any attention for functioning it. It eliminates the possibilities of home lights to be unnecessarily working.
- Updating your home light fittings and fixtures is another prominent way of increasing and improving your home lights. Improving the fixtures can make a big difference in the overall lighting installed in your home. Any home lighting fixture that is stylishly outdated or inefficient in functions can be replaced with a newer and upgraded model. It is not a compulsion of replacing each and every lighting fixture at your home but those which are performing their functions appropriately should be replaced for better energy saving criteria. Simply focusing on those light options which are up to date and works efficiently at your home.
- Adding CFLs and LEDs for proper saving and energy efficient using is bet suitable for your home. CFLs functions to eliminate the harsher lights that is harmful for our eyes, and helps in improving the perfect lighting in the room. Planning of setting a mood for party or want a romantic ambience, candles works best for your deal. Setting up candles is best for pleasant ambience.
- Try to maximize the entrance of natural lights into your home. Keep the windows clean so that you can easily enjoy the lightings. It will end up by saving your with many options like it is energy efficient and helps in saving your money. It is one of cheap way of increasing the home lights. It is simple and easy way that does makes a difference in your home. Trying out something different always ends up with a result. And trust me improving your home lighting helps you in many matters.
By Linda | September 20, 2016
Rats, insects, Raccoons, birds, and bats have the tendency of easily finding a way to enter your home. I know it is difficult to stop them because they can squeeze from tiny spaces to enter up your home. You won’t even believe how small holes can be beneficial for the rats and mice to pass in your home. Getting the help of professional will cost you more; rather DIY pest control tips are beneficial for home owners. Proper knowledge is essential for carrying the process of pest control because DIY pest control process needs accurate attention. Many times it is notice that due to insufficient knowledge regarding DIY tips of pest control, situation comes to the worst part than before.
DIY guide for pest control at your home is an easy process but supplied with some complexity that you need to tackle it. If you observe any pest infestation at your home, then first thing is to identify it as early as possible for better care of your home. Keep one thing in mind, the faster they grow, larger cleaning up process increases, that multiplies every day. When you observe those pests are invading your home, required steps are necessary for getting them out. Trust to be faced, be harsh towards them and work efficiently for removing them with the help of pest control process for your home. There are many situations, whereby DIY pest control works prominently for long term results.
Tips on DIY pest control
Health risk allied because of pests
Not only your home but your health is also associated with the damaging effects of pests. Make proper understanding about how pests affect your health. If you let them roam openly at your home, might be chances that diseases spread all over your home with a week or even a day. Make a mission of eliminating these pests out of your home for enjoying healthy and hygienic living. Pest control includes many such aspects that are important tips for you. Well, mice, and rats do not threat us with more affecting agents but dropping of bats are considered to be serous damaging health issue for the members of home.
Inspecting and checking
Keep a regular eye on each and every openings of your home that you notice. Having a look at home attic space, basement doors and windows, exterior and interior corners of home, and the ventilation area of home because these areas are the roots for the pests to enter up the premise of your home. The DIY pest control tips help you in understanding the basic concept that you must comply. With the help of pest control tips, it suggests of making a note of things and openings that you find while inspecting those areas. Making a note will help you in not forgetting it in future.
Sealing of openings observed
After making a proper note of all the openings and holes that you observe, next step is to seal it accurately. Sealing the opening and holes will not let any of the pests enter up your home premise. Among the tips of DIY pest control, sealing the holes and openings are the most effective secret that works efficiently. Have a look on the pest evidences and nest rubbles that you find at your home. This can also be counted as the way for pests to enter your home. Pest control helps in identifying the accurate reason of having affected by pests at your home.
Mandate habit of cleaning your home
Regularly cleaning your home is another way of DIY pest control. I know it sounds painful of cleaning it every day but painful aspects provide effective results. Special attention must be given to kitchen and garbage area at your home. Rats are expert of entering your home by the way of kitchen and garbage. Disposing off your garbage properly is necessary because hungry pests are in search of such situation that can affect your home. Containers that you use for storing food should be alright, so that pests cannot affect your food too. Rats have the tendency of chewing the cardboard and damage up the things easily.
Key to proper pest control is ventilation
Damp smell attracts more of pests towards your home and the need of pest control arises. Rather proper ventilation is the key to deal with this situation easily. Try to keep the damp areas like basement, attic space and crawlspace as much as dry. Make sure of having proper ventilation for not having any pests at your home. Infested areas are more focused ones for pests. Ventilate it appropriately for having fewer issues of pests. It helps in getting rid of pests in all sources you can.
Sealing of entry spaces for pests
Cracks that are found on the entrance of your home, open door sides, and the gaps between walls are some of the spots for pests to enter your home. If you are not sealing it accurately, then it might become the welcoming point for pests. Little bit of hunting will be required for finding such spots. Sealing it will help you in not let any such nuisance enter up the premise. Even hot entry points such as cable wire entry, pipes running in home are such spots that are catchier for such types of pests. Make a use of filling form that can easily close such openings that you notice.
Amongst all the easiest DIY pest control tip is using spray directly on the pests that you observe at your home. Several pesticides and insecticides are such that are quick effective and easy at use. It is advisable of reading the manual carefully before buying any of products because it contains harmful chemicals that can damage or affect the health of members living in your home. Well, insecticides are pretty much dominant that affects best on such insects or pests that have entered your home.
Pest controlling process in your way, will lead you in having better idea of what you will need and how will you comply with the process.
By mymudmits | August 2, 2016
Yes of course we care about our furniture, our windows, our bedroom and all those things inside our house and never paid proper heed on the exteriors of our house. One of the important parts of your exteriors is your roof and caring for your roof is your pre requisite. Doing regular inspection is one of the essential parts of caring for your roof. A damaged roof can be very much dangerous and hence you need to be extra careful and take appropriate steps to care for your roof. Just think it’s raining heavily and you have a leak in your roof and then you have to suffer a lot due that leak. Your entire house will be dirty and it can also damage your floor and your furnishings. Thus if you want want any such situation to happen with you, it’s advisable to take proper care for your roof and be safe. When you are planning to start caring for your roof, don’t go for any quick fix as when you want the problem to be solved permanently, quick fix is the right option for you. Here are some of the tips to care for your roof which can help you not to get into any roofing troubles and if you are already into one, help you to get out of it with ease.
Think about safety first
Having a little slip while finding for the leaks? can send you to the hospital for days. It is definitely to care for your roof at the sake of your own safety. Climbing up the roof and finding the leaks when it is raining heavily or when your roof is covered with snow or ice damps is not the ideal way to care for your roof. Temporarily fixing the leak is the right way to deal with it. Instead you should take proper time and get the leak fixed or repaired with a professional roofer. The activity of finding leaks should be done in the season when it is not raining. You need to be patient and wait for the right time when the day is sunny and clear and then you should indulge in any such activity.
While you are working on the roof, you need to take some precautions make sure you wear rubber shoes and also have gloves in your hands. Choose a ladder which is comfortable and stable. Also try and use a harness and also keep anyone around you to hold you and help you if something goes wrong.
Spray the roof
While caring for your roof, you need to keep it clean. If you are not keeping your roof clean then there are chances that algae or mold can collect and damage your roof. Thus cleaning your roof can be one of the ways of caring for your roof. Take a garden hose and go up the roof and start spraying it on various parts of your roof. This has two way benefits. One benefit is that you can clean your roof by doing so and another one is that you can also find leaks in your roof. Don’t do this during winters as you cannot run the water on the roof when it is freezing cold outside.
Clean up your gutters
If you actually want to care for your roof then you need to find the real reasons for roof damage. One of the common reasons for roof damage is clogged gutters. Clogged gutters can damage your roof a lot and hence while caring for your roof; you must clean up your gutters on most frequent basis. You should clean the gutters before rain hits your home as if the gutters are not clean, rain water gets clogged in the gutter which can have water build leading many roofing issues. Thus while caring for your roof, it is very essential to clean up your gutters and remove debris or any built up of dirt.
Dry rot is not caused due to any type of water damage, but it is caused by ventilation issues and it definitely damages your roof. Thus if you want to care for your roof, you need to avoid rot damage. If the damage in the roof is right in the middle then there are chances of ply being deteriorated. The roof will usually sag in and it will make the roof shingles to get brittle and then it will crack and then it will cause the roof to leak. If you don’t want all this to happen and want to really care for your roof then you must install a ridge vent which will work very well but only if it has a soffit vent. Drill some holes through the soffit vents so that cool air can pass through the bottom and push the hot air out through the top.
Stop ice buildup on your roof
During winters, it is very commonly seen that there is ice buildup on the roof or the shingles or the membrane or the gutters. We take it very lightly but it is not a thing to be taken lightly. If you really want to care for your roof then you need to take some right steps to prevent your roof from collection of ice. The ice buildup will back up when it will reach the wall line where you house will be heated and it will create an interior drip. Appropriate ventilation, ice and rain shields and also installing a drip edge can help you get rid of this problem very efficiently.
Damaged shingles can be one of the big causes of your roof issues. You must have a deep check on your shingles. Check for any damaged or curled shingles and if you find one take immediate action on it. You can repair the damaged shingles and if repairing is not possible replace the damaged shingles with the new one.
By Linda | July 9, 2016
One of the best type of flooring which you can go for in your home is the vinyl flooring which you can go for installing because there are many benefits which can be helpful to the home owners. No doubt many of the home owners compares that vinyl flooring is considered to be way more costly than any other type of flooring type which you can go for but the facts says something else. Vinyl flooring is considered to be consistent and affordable by the home owners because it is such that will increase up the charm of your home once you install it. But only installing it is not considered to be the thing which the home owners are needed to go with. You need to clean your vinyl floors which are installed in your home because it will help you in making and getting it longer lasting at your home.
There are many tips of cleaning your vinyl flooring which can help you in the matters of going for the best results which you are in need of. Well, there are many ways which can help you in the matters of going for cleaning your vinyl flooring which is installed in your home like not making the use of chemicals and solutions which are available in the market, keeping your flooring clean as possible, etc. and many more of the things which are considered to be important points which you need to keep in mind at the time of going for cleaning your vinyl flooring which is installed in your home.
Tips of cleaning your vinyl flooring
- The first thing which you need to keep in mind at the time of going for cleaning your vinyl flooring at your homer is to take care that no solution or chemicals are used for the matters of cleaning. Yes, chemicals are considered to be harmful for the flooring so it is advisable of not attempting for going for cleaning your floors with such type of solutions which are considered to be harmful for your flooring which are installed in your home.
- Another thing which can help you in these matters of cleaning your vinyl flooring at your home is to try to keep your floor clean as much as you can. there are many benefits of doing so because it will help you in making its life last for more time and in the increasing duration.
- Using the right type of cleanser is another thing which can help you in this process. Because cleansers are of different types which will let you know about the different ways of making your home to be more perfect and the flooring which are installed in your home becomes better.
- Remove all the soap which you observe up in your vinyl flooring because many times we observe that because of the remaining soap on the floor, the floor gets damaged and thus results in to getting fatigue too. So it is considered to be important for getting and cleaning properly all the soap which you observe up on your vinyl flooring at the time of cleaning it.
By mymudmits | June 13, 2016
While talking about the flooring, hardwood flooring is by far one of the best types of flooring one can actually have. Hardwood flooring gives fabulous look and it is also durable and lost lasting if maintained properly. Hardwood flooring comes really costly and hence maintains it becomes very necessary. For maintain your flooring, you need to focus on cleaning hardwood flooring. Cleaning hardwood flooring is not much difficult but you do have to take some good care and put some effort. Here are some of the tips for cleaning hardwood floors.
Vacuum every week
For cleaning hardwood floors, you must vacuum it every week. Vacuuming it daily is also a good idea but if you cannot vacuum it daily then the least you can do is to vacuum it once in a week. If there is dirt and the floor is too much dirty then regular cleaning hardwood floors would help you to maintain its finish and keep its beauty intact. If you are cleaning hardwood floors with brush and other rough materials then chances are there that your finish will be scratched and your hardwood floor would get damaged.
Wax your floor and don’t mop
When you are cleaning hardwood floors, you need to t5ake care that hardwood floors are not good with water and make sure yo0uy don’t mop it or else chances would be there that it would get rot and get damaged and needed to be replaced. For cleaning hardwood floors and maintaining hardwood floors you need to wax it yearly. It will keep the shine of the floors intact and make it look like new again. Thus wax is a good option for cleaning hardwood floors and mop is bad option for cleaning hardwood floors. Although, damp mop is good but not on regular basis.
Don’t use vinegar
Many people used vinegar for cleaning hardwood floors, but it is advisable to not to use vinegar. Using vinegar for cleaning hardwood floors would make the shine of your hardwood floors dull and make it look unattractive.
As for cleaning hardwood floors, you cannot use water much so the other alternative to clean hardwood floors is to dust smartly. You need to dust your hardwood floors on frequent basis and keep your floor always clean and tidy so the need of deep cleaning does not arise at all.
Protect high traffic areas
While cleaning hardwood floors, you will observe that high traffic areas will be looking more dull and dirty. So keep those areas which are used maximum in your home protected. You can use carpet to cover the area of the floor with high traffic. You can also use decorative rugs to protect high traffic areas of the floor.